When some people want to lift their spirits, they reach for a bowl of ice cream. There's a better way to improve your mood through color. Color is a powerful design tool that can make the rooms in your home feel more calm, cheerful, comfortable or dramatic. This class will cover:
- The three basic categories of color theory: color wheel, color harmony and the context of how colors are used
- Selecting colors based on lighting, room size, adjacent rooms, ceiling height, room use and mood
- Process of selecting a room color
- Use of color psychology in your home
- Types of paints and where you would use a flat versus high gloss, etc.
- Color tricks
- Helpful website resources to use After class, Susan will be available for questions about a room you wish to make over in your home. Be sure to bring pictures.
Presenter: Susan DuCharme has been a part-time designer at Design Matters for over five years and owner of “Happy Spaces by Susan.” Susan has a decorator’s certification from Penn Foster Career School and an education from Fox Valley Technical Institute for Interior Design in Wisconsin. Susan is also a breast cancer survivor and believes a part of healing is living in a happy space you love. This is her second workshop with Survivorship Now. Her last workshop “A Room Makeover” discussed points to consider when making over a room. ve years experience working as a part-time designer at Design Matters located in South Burlington. She has a decorator’s certification from Penn Foster Career School and an education with Fox Valley Technical Institute for Interior Design. Susan is also a breast cancer survivor. She strongly believes a part of healing is living in a happy space that you love.
Min Participants: 3 Max Participants: 25
Cancelation Policy: Monday before the event
More Information: Contact Us
Location: Survivorship NOW, Williston, VT